Friday, March 29, 2013

A Very Belated February Status Report


Holy moley, I am a whole month behind on these updates since I spent the majority of March in Cleveland, OH working on a huge trial.  This could be a joint February/March status update, but because big things happened in March, I want to do a separate post.  So, here we go for February (from what I can remember):

1) Exercise Intentionally: run a 5K

Generally a success, especially considering how busy I was in February.  Although, after March I am nowhere near being ready to race!

2) Eat Intentionally:  record what I eat

Success! Despite crazy hours at work, I still cooked often and ate well, recording mostly everything that I ate.   

3) Buy Intentionally:  spend less than $60/month on myself.
  • 2 sequin dresses - $50.  Nordstrom Rack was having a super sale on their holiday dresses, so I got a silver sequin dress and a gold sequin dress for $25 each.  I wore one to Peter's Casino Royale themed 30th birthday party (more pics to come!), and ended up keeping the second gold one to wear at a gala I went to in March.

Happy 30th, Peter!
  • Formal dress rental from Rent the Runway - $80. I had a formal work event to attend at the end of February, and decided to use a coupon I had for Rent the Runway.  So much fun, and I was obsessed with this dress!  Unfortunately I never got a good photo of the bottom of the dress. :( 
  • The American Heart Association's Gala
  • White work blouse from Banana Republic - $24. Before leaving for the trial, I desperately needed more plain blouses to wear under suits.  I tried on a lot of stuff at BR, and this was all I ended up with.  Is it just me, or is the quality at BR not what it used to be?  I had a hard time finding 100% silk shirts that weren't completely see-through.  And I wasn't going to pay $70 for a polyester blouse.     
Total:  $144.  So, again, generally a fail of staying within budget, but I'm loving the part of the experiment that makes me aware of every little thing that I buy.  

4) Learn Intentionally:  read 6 non-fiction books in 2013.

I finished listening to No Easy Day on audiobook, and was glad to have that background before I saw Zero Dark Thirty. I also started listening to The Power of Habit, which is also excellent on audio.

5) Give Intentionally: begin volunteering.

Fail.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing this! Good for you! You look gorgeous in all of those gowns...how fun to have a chance to dress up. Keep it up Carlee, and keep telling us about how you do :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete