Sunday, October 17, 2010

Potential dog breeds?

Peter and I have been talking about our hypothetical dog lately, and I spent a lot of time this weekend on petfinder.com.  It seemed like every dog I showed Peter he didn't like...I grew up with Goldens, but Peter isn't a fan of how "needy" they can be.  Today, on our way home from the local farmer's market, we ran into a couple walking their two dogs, a Bernese Mountain dog (breed I love, but way too big), and a Golden-looking white fluffy dog.  I was prepared for Peter to disagree with me on how cute it was, until the woman said it was a Hungarian dog, the Kuvasz.  Sold!  Check out how cute these dogs are:



The downsides are that 1) it's a fairly rare breed so it would be difficult to know what their temperament would really be like, and 2) we wouldn't be adopting or rescuing from a shelter, which is something I feel really strongly about...

2 comments:

  1. I agree-- that's a beautiful breed! If you plan to go the rescue route, though, we just adopted a pup from a rescue called "recycled doggies" here in Cincy. they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen recycled doggies on petfinder.com! Yes, I think we will end up rescuing. I have the worst puppy-lust in the world right now, and have been looking at dogs every day. Not sure how much longer we can hold out. :)

    ReplyDelete